Experience a New Dimension of Animal Care
State of the Art MRI Unit
Non-invasive and safe, MRI can lead to early detection and treatment by imaging soft tissue and providing information about your pet’s brain, spinal cord, sinus cavities, nose and ears, as well as, joints and internal organs.
The Esaote Grande System, introduced to the US by Universal Medical Inc., is the first MRI system specifically designed and calibrated for imaging of companion animals such as dogs, cats, birds and rabbits. It’s open design and comfortable patient bed make proper positioning of your pet extremely easy with minimal stress to the animal.
Because your pet is anesthetized for the 30 to 45 minute series of scans that create computerized images of the body part scanned, a 12 hour fast, preliminary blood work and thoracic radiographs may be needed or required. These images assist your veterinarian or radiologist with making a diagnosis and planning treatment.
Sites that can be imaged with MRI Include
- Spinal cord
- Nasal Passages
- Brachial Plexus
- Ocular Disease
- (prostate, bladder, liver, spleen and more)
- Any Mass
MRI is a magnet and thus of minimal risk to your pet. We do ensure that there is no metal in your pet (fracture repair and such) that could affect the image quality. No radiation is used in MRI.
Highlights of the Esaote MRI
- High quality diagnostic results from an open field magnet.
- Field strength is not everything. Magnetic field homogeneity, gradient strengths and slew rate, coil design, scanner software and operator skill influence image quality. Open MRI can produce images of equal or even better diagnostic quality than an old High Field MRI system.
- The Vet MRI Grande has a tailored patient bed, provides very easy accessibility for the positioning and handling of the animals and safe use of monitoring equipment.
- Open MRI reduced cost, better patient access, and greater safety for animal.
- Specific Veterinary MRI scanning protocols/software.
- Veterinary Software that offers adapted slice orientation for a specific species and breed.
- Due to the wide opening, even very large breeds can be accommodated easily.
- Specifically designed large animal table for ease of pet/animal positioning.
- Pet handling and positioning is extremely fast and easy by using the real time display that continuously visualizes the patient that is being scanned.
- The Open MRI dedicated coils are tailored to animal specific anatomy for the best image quality.
- Superior Imaging from in office scanning.
- Safe recovery from sedation since your pet never leaves building and remains on site.
- High-resolution 3D images, along with .6mm thin slices, provide detail ability to diagnosis.
- Multi planar reconstruction provides 3 dimensional views to see all angles possible for improved diagnosis.
CT Scanner – Vimago
CriticalVetCare is proud to announce that we are the first in the area to provide the most innovative, comprehensive CT scan technology designed specifically for veterinary medicie – the Vimago!
It is the most advanced Robotic High Definition Computed Tomography, Fluoroscopy and Digital Radiography platform, which allows us to perform seamless, whole body Digital Radiographic studies at resolutions up to thirty times better than conventional digital radiography systems.
With this cutting-edge equipment we can now scan an entire patient in about a minute, with 80% less radiation than a high end conventional scanner.
The Vimago is the only imaging platform designed to meet the demands of a diagnostic and international system. Thanks to the mobility and the combined CT speed and Fluoroscopy system, our doctors can make a diagnosis and immediately be in a position to begin treatment, which may include surgery.
This simple and quick transition from diagnosis to advanced treatments is not only more efficient and safer due to reduced anesthetic risks, but in some cases life saving.
Highlights of the Vimago
- More than 30x higher resolution than conventional CT scanner.
- Up to 85% lower radiation than conventional CT scanner.
- Technician with the patient the entire procedure.
- Fluoroscopy ready- minimally invasive interventions.
- Your patient will be sedated or anesthetized during the study, but will be under the constant care of our staff.
- You can feel comfortable knowing your patient is receiving the best care possible, because we are leveraging the most advanced imaging technology in the world to optimize the outcome.
Our hospital is equipped with the latest in GE technology with an oversize table for larger animals. The digital technique is the same as that of specialty spine and oncology centers in human medicine.
Images are easily copied to a disc or emails to you and your veterinarian. Consultations by off-site radiologists, when needed, are now much easier to obtain for these radiographs (x-rays) than before with often under a one hour turn around time.